Monday, August 15, 2011

Date nights not what it used to be...

My husband calls during his first break at work every morning to check in with his girls.  These calls give us a chance to talk about what is going on in our days currently and what needs to be done later in the day when he gets off work.  Today's call went a little like this:

Me:  How is your day going?
Him:  Fine.  I wish I was home.
Me:  I wish you were home too!
Him:  What are you girls up to today?
Me:  Ladybug is still asleep, Glowworm is eating, and I am doing the dishes.
Him:  So we have a date tonight?
Me (with obvious excitement in my voice): WHAT???  Really?
Him:  Oh I'm sorry babe I just meant we are going grocery shopping tonight, right?
Me (bummed):  Yeah. 

Our life is so different now then it was 5 years ago.  We were spontaneous and everyday was a date night.  Movies, dinner at a restaurant, or even just a quite night at home.  Now grocery shopping as a family is a date?  The funny thing is as much as I still love going on dates (alone) with my husband, I love "dates" as a family shopping too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment